Friday, September 5, 2008

Shoaib to leave for England

Controversial Pakistani fast bowler Shoaib Akhtar will leave for England on Friday to play for county Surrey after he was earlier sent back home from Heathrow airport due to incomplete visa documents.

"I have obtained the required documents now. I will fly out tomorrow to play for Surrey but it is disappointing to miss the match that started today against Kent," Akhtar said.

"I am just keen to start playing competitive cricket so that I am ready whenever I get a chance to play for Pakistan again," he added.

Akhtar was sent back after immigration authorities found out he had a work permit but not the required work visa to enter the United Kingdom.

"I had a multiple visit visa but they told me I require a work visa to go with the work permit to play in county cricket."

0 comments: